Everybody knows that when it comes to camping the guys at Poler Stuff are the ultimate authority. These guys spend more time under the stars than most skaters do making them the prime resource not only for rad camping gear but great consultants for reasons to go camping. We hit up the Poler crew this week to find out their top ten reasons to get out there and pitch a tent this summer. Here's what they came back with. Check it out and then click HERE to see all the great camping gear available from Poler in the CCS Shop. Hashtag your camping adventures this summer with #campvibes and get in the Poler Instagram mix!
1. Hotels are way too expensive! Camping is the cheapest way to live on the road with your friends while skating a different part of the world.
2. You don't have to be in the wilderness to do it! Lots of good camping can be had right by epic skateparks or in your bro's backyard. Do some research on Google and map it out.
3. Cooking and eating outdoors rules and is cheap and tasty. Nothing like hot dogs and smores to end a good day of skating.
4. Get psyched by checking out classic skate videos like Tent City with Anti Hero or the Beauty and the Beast tours with Girl. If those don't get you psyched we don't know what will.
5. No better way to make friends then to invite them to your campfire. We met some of my best friends on the road on skate trips. Skateboarding is a community. You never know where one trip will lead.
6. Do you live somewhere that doesn't have many good spots or parks? Map out your dream trip to all the most epic spots and parks and camp along the way. You'll be amazed at what all those spots in the videos are really like!
7. Starry Nights, no city lights. Nothing better than unplugging from all the daily bs and soaking in nature every once in awhile.
8. If you're a student, take advantage of those long summers and soak in the #campvibes. One of these days you'll be working full time and hitting the road will be a lot harder.
9. Have you ever explored the fringes of where you live? A lot of the most interesting skate spots are in backwater towns and in the cuts. Not in the place you live everyday life. You never know what you'll find out there.
10. Camp Vibes is a way of life. Once you try it, you might love it and be hooked for life. Your stories will be better, your friendships will be tighter and your memories will be richer.